Monday, September 14, 2020

Another Dream

Last night I dreamed I was at a movie theater, which was in the same building as an aquatic research lab.  Sir Patrick Stewart was in the theater, sitting in a wheeled office chair he had stolen from the theater's manager.  As long as he was sitting in the chair, he was allowed to go theater hopping, which he did gleefully.  So as soon as one movie ended, he would roll the office chair to another theater, pushing himself backwards and looking pretty silly.  He offered to sneak me into some movies.

I saw two movies.  The first was a new MCU Spider-Man movie.  I don't remember much, except that the Green Goblin was the main villain.  The future of MCU Spidey was in question, so they killed off Peter Parker in a vague way.  At the end of the movie, after Spidey defeated Goblin, a cleanup crew starting picking up debris.  Spidey saw a sanitation worker in the distance, picking up one of Goblin's discarded bombs.

A light on the bomb started flashing repeatedly, but the worker just stared at it, confused.  Spidey shot a web to pull the bomb out of the worker's hand, bringing it to himself.  But he didn't have time to throw it before it exploded, and Spidey was apparently disintegrated by the explosion.  It ended with everyone looking on in horror.  

But then there was a post credits scene, where somebody was analyzing a video of the explosion.  Slowing it down frame by frame, they saw Spidey disappear right before the explosion engulfed him, like he was being pulled into another dimension.  This set up all sorts of possibilities for whichever studio made the next Spider-Man movie.  Maybe it would be a live action Spider-Verse film, or maybe Miles Morales and/or Gwen Stacey would take over the mantle in this universe. 

After that movie ended, I watched a new Hotel Transylvania sequel.  I wasn't really interested, but hey, it was free.  This one focused on the child (Dracula's grandson).  He was a couple of years older now, and being bullied for being the only monster in a human elementary school.  

I didn't get to see much of it because my cat Kara was there.  She kept sneaking in to the aqua lab next door, and bringing me exotic fish.  I kept having to get up, sneak into the lab myself, and throw the fish back into the tank.  I wanted to complain to the marine biologists about not having proper security, but I couldn't tell anyone without getting myself in trouble.  Finally Kara brought me a cyclopian-eyed goblin shark, and it was so disturbing looking that I woke up.


No comments: