Sunday, June 2, 2019

My Pet Monster

So I got into bed last night, after watching several spooky videos on YouTube.  A few minutes later, some mysterious creature jumped up on the bed, and curled up into a ball on my back.  Intellectually I knew it was my youngest cat, Kara.  However, it felt a lot heavier than Kara, and the way she initially curled up, it felt like she had more legs than cats usually have.  I pictured a giant hand pressing against my back, or some large tarantula-cat hybrid.

I started picturing all sorts of weird, demonic animals that could touching me.  I kept wanting to reach out and touch it, but I didn't want to get my hand bitten off by demon spawn.  But then it occurred to me, so what if this is a demonic spider-cat.  It's curled up next to me sleeping.  This means it loves me, and I make it feel safe.  If it is a demon creature, then all the better, because it's my demon creature.  You can't get better protection than your own little monster.

I finally did pet it, and it was, indeed, Kara.  Kind of disappointing, to be honest.

No comments: