Friday, May 17, 2019

A Random Memory

The management of this theater, in cooperation with the Tennessee State Fire Marshal’s office, requests that you take a moment to look around the theater and familiarize yourself with the location of all emergency exits.
The aisle ways in which you entered, and the passageways, designated by the illuminated Emergency Exit signs, visible to you at either the right or left of the forward section, have been checked and are clear exits from the building in the event of an emergency.
Thank you for your time and attention.

That’s one of the first things I ever memorized.  I probably knew it by heart before I learned any Bible verses or even the Pledge of Allegiance.  I’m not sure if that says something about our society, but I’m not trying to make any sort of statement.  I just thought it was funny that I still remember it; that version hasn’t been in use for years.

No comments: