Wednesday, May 1, 2019

This Might Not Have Actually Happened

About 25 years ago, when I first got my driver's license, I got stuck trying to make a left turn at a traffic light.  This light didn't have a left arrow, and there was an infinite stream of cars I needed to turn through.  I sat through several cycles waiting for an opportunity to turn.  I couldn't even change my mind at that point, because the traffic to my right was also bumper to bumper.

I thought I'd be stuck there forever.  In fact, I'm still there right now.  The first few years were especially difficult.  Pizza places can be iffy about delivering to cars stuck in traffic, but if you tip them enough they get over it.  And then Uber Eats came along, and I found I could get all the comforts of home shipped to my car.

Life could be worse.

No comments: