Friday, August 14, 2020

Gender Check-In

Just an observation.  

When I make a lot of transgender-related posts in a row, I hear rumblings of, "That's all he ever talks about!  He just keeps saying the same thing over and over!"  Some of that might be my own inner voice, but other people have commented on now and then.

But when I go a long time without mentioning gender at all, I hear rumors about myself from the grapevine.  Musings along the lines of, "Well, it looks like he's given up on his dream of wanting to change his sex... I guess it was just a phase after all...  He finally came to his senses..."  This gossip mostly comes from family.

Trust me, gender is still the one thing I think about more than anything else.  I make daily visits to transgender message boards.  I fall asleep at night imagining life as a woman.  I play The Sims and D&D just to live vicariously through female characters.  

No matter how bad things get in my life, if you were to ask me to list all my problems in order, gender dysphoria would always be at the top of the list.  If I were in a plummeting 747, mere minutes from crashing, and suddenly a genie's lamp bounced into my hands from an overhead compartment, I'd still use my first wish to change my sex.

But just as you're probably tired of seeing similar posts over and over, I get tired of writing about the same subjects.  If I don't post about my gender issues for a while, it's usually because I don't have anything new to say about it.  I mean, if I wanted to post the same blog over and over, I'd just copy and paste it.

Heck, I'm pretty sure even this blog is something of a repost, so I'll stop right here.  If you're just stumbling across this blog for the first time, here's some of my more relevant entries on my relationship with gender:

What Cis People Need To Understand

I Know.  Still.

Doing The Math

...But The Math Is Irrelevant

You Can't Make An Omelette...


No comments: