Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Quick Quarantine Update 4/1/2020

We're fine for now. 

I have a job that allows me to work from home when needed.  I rarely used this feature before this year.  I've worked from home maybe five times in previous years because of snow or whatever, but this is the first time I've had to do it on a daily basis.  It was a little uncomfortable at first, but I've since made myself a better office space, though that's an ongoing project. 

Our company was one of the first to implement mandatory work-from-home, starting on Friday the 13th.  I've only been out of the house a couple of times since then, to pick up important sundries.  Beyond that we've been really good about staying home. 

My wife was already unemployed, as of the end of last year.  She was going to start looking for work before the outbreak started, but now of course is not a good time.  This is fine, I currently make enough to where she doesn't have to work as long as we're careful with our money.  Our biggest temptation is ordering delivery when we have food to make here.  Beyond that, there's not a lot of reasons to spend money.

Even if I get the virus, my finances are pretty stable.  I have decent health insurance, and enough paid sick leave to stay out for weeks.  So don't worry about our health or our finances.  Our sanity is still up for grabs, but more on that later.

So stay safe, stay home, keep six feet apart, wash your hands, and don't touch your face.  I wish the best of health to you and your family.


No comments: